Fort Lauderdale Home Insurance
In need of a Fort Lauderdale, Florida homeowner’s insurance policy or dwelling policy for your home, condo or renters? Let the experts at Insurance Authority Inc of Fort Lauderdale, Florida get you covered! We offer all types of homeowner’s insurance policies personally customized and catered to homeowners of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Your home is the hub of your daily life, and probably your most valuable investment and asset. When your home is damaged, vandalized, flooded, or destroyed, you need the assistance of an expert. Our insurance professionals have many years of experience and can explain to you and guide you with an insurance company that understands and who is reputable on taking care of these type of claims. Insurance Authority Inc, Insurance Agency can help you find the right Fort Lauderdale, Florida home insurance policy which will give you the peace of mind that you and your family deserve. We have been helping our clients since 1989. LET US DO THE SHOPPING FOR YOU !
Home Insurance That’s RIGHT For You !
Whether you own or rent, insuring your biggest investment ( home ) can help protect you financially, whether you suffer a loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, or other covered events or natural disasters. It will also cover you in the event a neighbor, friend or family member is injured while on your property.
Homeowner insurance policies can be very difficult to understand as to what is and what is not covered. Our insurance professionals have been helping Ft Lauderdale residents to better understand the type of coverages you choose for the type of residence you own. We can help you choose which policy is best for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy that cover losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism and theft of personal property, or whether it’s a policy that covers only specified losses.
Are you a homeowner ? Are your a condo owner ? , Are you a renter ? , Are you a landlord ? , let the home insurance professionals at Insurance Authority Inc work with you to find a Fort Lauderdale, (FL) home insurance policy that fits your needs and your budget. We specialize in making it easy for you and your family to choose the insurance coverages that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your home insurance policy is most often made up of the specific options you choose. How much you’ll pay for your policy depends on:
- Options you select – Often homeowner insurance options are priced individually, so how much you’ll pay for your policy depends on what coverages you buy.
- How much you want to cover – Higher deductibles usually lower your premium price by shifting part of the loss payment to you. For example, if you had a $500 deductible, you would be responsible for paying the first $500 of the covered loss.
- Where you set your limits – You may choose to set higher limits than the recommended amount if appropriate to your situation and needs.
NOT SURE WHAT THESE TERMS MEAN ? JUST CALL OUR MAIN OFFICE AND LET ONE OF OUR INSURANCE EXPERTS HELP YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION – 954-874-8022
The Right Coverage. The Right Price. The Right Value !
The amount you pay for your homeowners insurance depends on many factors which are individualized as per your personal housing situation, assets and things you need to protect.
Protection for Your Home
- Property or Dwelling Coverage typically pays to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event like a kitchen fire or windstorm.
- Protection for You and Other People
- Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world. When choosing your liability coverage limits, consider things like how much money you make and the assets you own. Your personal liability coverage should be high enough to protect your assets if you are sued.
- Medical Coverage
- This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.
- Additional Living Expenses
- If you can’t live in your home because of a covered loss, your home insurance policy will pay additional living expenses (commonly for up to 24 months) while damage is assessed and your home is repaired or rebuilt.
- Protection for Your Belongings
- Your home is filled with furniture, clothes, electronics and other items that mean a lot to you. Personal Property Insurance helps replace these items if they are lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of a covered loss.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage
- If you have special possessions such as jewelry, art, antiques or collectibles you may want to call our office and speak to a licensed insurance professional about this additional coverage. It provides broader coverage for specific items.
- If You Rent Out Your Home
- Landlords may have the option to buy optional liability coverage for the risks posed by tenant-occupied dwellings.
Insurance Terms That You Need To Ask Your Insurance Professional
- HO3 Special
- HO4 Renters
- HO6 Condominium
- DP3 Dwelling
In general, homeowner’s policies—and particularly those in Florida—can be challenging to comprehend, at best, given the magnitude of coverage choices, exemptions and deductible options. As a Florida resident, it’s especially important to have a professional insurance agency working for you to get the job done right. You need an agency you can rely upon and trust anda professional insurance agent willing and eager to thoroughly explain all of your options. Thankfully, at Insurance Authority Inc, you’ll find both. Since 1989, our knowledgeable professional agents have assisted thousands of Florida residents with all of their many home insurance needs. Please call our office and see why we have been recognized as the place to call for home insurance in Fort Lauderdale since 1989.
A Typical Homeowners Insurance Policy Consists Of Three Things:
1.The Declarations Page – indicating the policy basics (i.e., insured’s name, property address, coverage and deductible limits, policy term and annual premium).
2.The Policy Booklet – printed pages containing specific details of coverages and exclusions.
- Endorsements – if any, indicating any changes to the policy made during the policy term.
The standard HO3 homeowner’s policy is the most commonly sold policy. Usual and customary exclusions to the same include wear and tear, termite damage, rotting, septic tank collapse and the perils of war and earthquake, to name a few.
In addition, there are also specific policy limits you need to be aware of with respect to certain personal property items. The following represents a sample of personal property and its possible maximum benefit. That’s why it’s imperative to consult with your insurance agent atInsurance Authority Inc, regarding your policy’s specific limitations:
- Cash – $200
- Jewelry – $1,000
- Firearms – $2,500
- Silverware – $2,500
Always carefully review policy coverages and exclusions in detail. Note that in some instances, it may be possible to increase certain limits, so be sure to inquire about the same. Determine the annual cost of such increase(s) prior endorsing the policy.
In addition to special coverage for jewelry, silverware and furs, you may also purchase specific coverage for possessions such as stamp or coin collections, fine arts, camera equipment, collectibles, watercraft and musical instruments, to name a few. Current appraisals for the same are usually a standard requirement. Simply call our main office today and get a FREE NO OBLIGATION homeowners insurance quote @ 954.742.0123